CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 24, 2006

Septimus Heap

I first discovered this book while I was browsing through an aisle of Fantasy books at Popular, our local bookstore. I was still undergoing my Pupillage and was bored to wits ... so I thought, I'll just myself a good book to read to curb my boredom. Reading to me, is in way escaping reality and I want nothing more than to digest myself fully in a good book, ideally a Fantasy one.
My attention was grabbed immedietely by a book titled Magyk, along with it's beautiful illustrated cover. I read the first few pages and I was instantly hooked. I finished the book in a day and was scouring bookstores for the sequel. The story tells of a family with seven children in a magical family but really the story is emphasised more on the seventh son of a seventh son, which is truly believed to possess an immense magical power, namely Septimus Heap. I think that's a good name. Something happened on the night he was born and he wasn't reunited with his family until a few years later. The story has fascinating characters, great adventures albeit slightly predictable but nevertheless enjoyable to read.
The best part of it - it's easy to read. Think Harry Potter. This book is a great reading for children and adult such as I. Call me a kid if you want.
I have now finished Flyte, the sequel and waiting in anticipation for the third one, Physik but it's not due out until April 2007.

0 comments: