
A Canny Advertisement
Here's what I came across whilst reading a really old Malaysian Law Journals [MLJ], 1954. These days, law journals are a boring read as nothing graphical and colours are allowed in. However things were quite different back then which is why I quite like to browse through the old version, with a particular like for advertisement.
Illustrated above is an advertisement to promote liquor, namely Whiskey and back then, it was selling at $3.95 only. These days, you'll be lucky if you can get a Coke for that price.
I instantly like the graphic advertisement. It's smart, clever and it definitely got my attention as to how bad an addiction does to a person. It illustrates an elderly man lying in a bed, with a bad leg and to satisfy his addiction to Whiskey, he came up with such a brilliant idea.
Look carefully. Brilliant huh.... Don't you just love it.
p.s. click on the picture for a larger view.
September 26, 2006
entered by maddy at 12:39
0 comments:
Post a Comment