The Big Read
The nominations period lasted for 2 weeks. Only novels were eligible but they could be from any country or time and a series of books, such as Lord of the Rings, could count as a single title as long as it has been published in a single volume. Such a bookworm as I am, I was thrilled to learn that my all time favourite book was within the top 100 books at Nu. 66 - The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton's. It features story about an enchanted tree within deep in magical forest. 3 young kids had just moved to the country. Sooner or later, they ventured out into the woods during their pastimes. Soon, they discovered there were different pieces of land which lands at the top of the enchanted tree on weekly basis. Lands such as Land of Birthdays and Nursery Rhyme Land. The children visit mysterious worlds with their friends who live in the tree. Some of the lands that appear at the top of the tree are magical and usually mishap adventures take place. Whatever land it was and whatever misadventures it was, the children could always climb back down the ladder to the Faraway Tree.
September 26, 2006
I love this book. It gives me a quick view of all the books I have read and have yet to read. Book junkie, that I am!
entered by maddy at 22:12
0 comments:
Post a Comment