CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 06, 2006

Hey, it's a Saturday ...

... and I'd gotten so used to waking up early to the point that I don't quite know what to do when I got up at about 12 ... pm earlier on. That is quite odd isn't it ... since I had never been a morning kinda person. In fact, I had several errands to run today ... if I remembered correctly whilst driving home after a dinner appointment ... of what was supposed to be just a quick one but it turned out that we sat dining at the restaurant till it closes. And I ended up purchasing this really adorable looking piglet displayed at a shopping window. Thought I needed something quirky at my work table cause it's heavily loaded with files, files and more files. Perhaps I ought to put a picture of her, piglet I mean and that's not her real name either.
... Amongst the things I have to do:-
  • get a tea mug, the Chinese type for one of my colleagues. He requested for it .. say sometime back in ..... maybe Feb ? Yea well, I only remembered yesterday and that too, was upon being reminded by him. He saw me using mine and wanted one. I was much too happy to oblige, only thing is I need to remember it.
  • start studying for my Malay exam which is scheduled on 16th May, Tuesday and I am as unprepared as shite. You must be wondering why I had to sit for this ridicule exam ... it's one of the requirements that needs to adhere too - set by our nonetheless "Lembaga Kelayakan Undang-Undang". Translation - "Legal Qualification Board". I really don't see the point of it as we converse in English for court purposes except in Magistrates. And I have a feeling I'm not gonna do good. I haven't been fluent in Malay since I left school which is jurassic years. And being in England for a long period has totally evaded any memory I have left to converse in Malay. Now, how am I gonna pull that off .. I wonder.
  • start thinking of what to do for Mothers' Day. We follow the American term and not the British where it's sometime in March ... I think. Can someone please confirm that? Thanks. (as if there's loads of readers out there)
  • get a blardee haircut. It's disgustingly long right now, to the point that I cannot stand it. Cannot!
  • head back to the gym. Haven't been for 3 months and it's starting to show. My tone of colour is getting gray and I am seriously deprived of sleep.
  • get more nutrients and supplements kicking in.

... you have no idea how much work can take over your life. Long time ago, before I started working officially, I was adamant not to fall into that trap. But I'm doing the total opposite. Someone should send me a constant reminder.

My momory is failing me....

... an example. I prepared an opinion regarding a dispute on Sale of Goods, yes we have that here and I was nicely surprised but it's scarcely practised over here. Locals seems oblivious to silent consumer rights. Anyway. My boss was not gonna be in the office after lunch hour and I was supposed to e-mail the opinion to him when I'm all done with it for him to edit and send over to client. Which I duly complied with. Only problem was, I sent it without the Letterhead. shite. And it was a Friday. double shite. And I did not even realise till I was driving home on that Friday night. Which was a good 9 hours later. Office is shut tightly and tomorrow is a Sat. tripple shite. I thought to myself "Oh well". Thing is, I woke up early the next day with only one word in my mind Opinion. I could not relax, for Christ sake! and so I rang a colleague who has a habit of working alone on Sat and asked if I could drop by. "Sure thing, before 12", says he. So I actually went into office on a good Sat and resend that email and this time with Letterhead. I sent a notification text to my boss, just to inform him. Turned out that he has already sent the one without Letterhead and had requested a print opinion. *sigh* Sometimes, I ought to take things in a slow pace.

... Penang feels nice when it rains. Only.

... and I wanna rare fishes. But they will probably die at the rate I am going.

0 comments: