HALT
It's been more than a month since I'd last written and I don't quite know where to start. I figured I might as well commingle it all in and take it from there. Had a girly trip down to the capital, Kuala Lumpur [KL] purely for pleasure. I and my gfs were in need of it, especially with our respective workload increased immensely of late. It was a good trip, one where we managed to achieved all that we intended to do .. from catching up with old friends, hunting for that pair of comfortable working shoes, all that shopping .... and having a cuppa with nothing to do but people-watching and taking it easy. I really misses those lazy days. At the rate I am currently at, I'll be surprised if I can even squeeze in a haircut. KL was meant to be a trip for chill out time and interestingly, we ended up hitting the Tiesto rave held to commemorate the F1 Grand Prix. It was fun though, I had to admit, all that old glamour of being able to sway and hop accordingly has failed to appealed to me like it once did. It was also horrendously packed! The opening was quite impressive or shall I say ... very cultured. It had an indian dance, chinese dragon dance ... orchestral singing. An eye-opener for I haven't been to a rave with such creativity. Oh and I didn't have my trainers on me. My feet felt numb towards the end of the night. Nevertheless, it was still a good night out.
MOVIES UPDATE:
Didn't catch V for Vendetta. Heard it was adequate to watch it on DVD.
Ice Age 2: The Meltdown - Loved it! Sid is funny as ever ... though Diego was a bit boring. Prefered him verocious and feisty. Don't think much of the storyline but all in all, it was entertaining and I do appreciate the fact that the audiences get to see more of Scrat as compared to Ice Age [1].
Caught another animation the night before, 'The Wild' and it was hilarious! My favourite character has to be Larry, blurcase snake I have ever come across. I have to say though, most of the animation film seems to focuses on the same storyline. It was quite identical to Finding Nemo.
Anime - Howl's Moving Castle. Been waiting for this in anticipation. It was created by Hayao Miyazaki, creator of the most famous anime ever - Spirited Away. 2 words - Watch it!
The Sentinel - espionage cultured. Quick and slow pace, at the same time. M.Douglas still looks good, even for a 60 year old. Worth watching if you're politically inclined.
2 comments:
So jealous...you caught Tiesto. He'll be in to San Antonio next week but it's a blardee Wednesday night. WTF?
OH no! Couldn't he picked a better day. I am sure there will be other rave though.
Post a Comment