CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 06, 2006

British Theatre Playhouse presents "Private Lives" ...

... recently I was given free tics to attend a British play - 'Private Lives'. I was much excited because:-

Firstly, I haven't seen a British play since 'Miss Saigon' showed at Bristol Hippodrome. Secondly, I was too broke. The tic without dinner cost RM80.00 = £11.50 and I could not even afford that. Thirdly, I miss British accent, weird as it may seems. Fourthly, the tic includes dinner!

The play was actually good and exceedingly hilarious. Though I didn't hear much laughter from the crowd. I suspect not many people understands that genre of humour. I was oblivious though and took a few pictures .... later only to be reminded by a friend that patrons are not supposed to be snappy-happy. I managed to get a few but a tad blur. The turnout was quite impressive despite being advertise only on Astro - our SKY tv. No other ads.

The story engages 4 married people. Divorcee. Re-marry again and later realises they were still in love. Met their respective former partner in the same hotel while on their honeymoon. Even more delicious - they're located at the very next room ... adjacent balcony! Decided to re-elope and left their remaining former-new-partner to deal with the situation. Synopsis is pretty much pedictable but things said and done were the highlight of the play.
Can't wait for another play.
pic: Beng Meng, Hooi Huang and I at the dinner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, I haven't spoken to you for ages! I really must get on MSN more often. I'm busy doing my exams at present, which reminds me - GOOD LUCK for your exam on 16th. I have one on 17th so wish me luck too ;0)

The new blog design looks good by the way.

Speak soon.

Si

maddy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
maddy said...

Hello Si,
Good to know you're still dropping by. Thought you'd have forgotten all about it. THanks for the wish and all the best to you as well. Knock 'em dead! MSN ...