CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 07, 2006

Saturday Morning

Here I am, online on a Saturday morning. Woke up at about 830 and can't seem to go back to sleep which is really frustrating. I hoped to be able to catch up on all those sleep which I have been deprived of but looks like it ain't gonna happen. So here comes Jan 2006 and I'm missing all the BIG January sales in GB. It's such a good time to shop cause there are loads of great, HOT N CHEAP deals all over! Even on amazon.co.uk .... is driving me insane with all the hot deals. Yes, you can tell I'm a book + CD lover. And I do miss internet shopping so much. And I miss shopping in London + Paris too. Especially those shops + boutiques along Central London namely Harrolds. And Les Halles. Can anyone get me the Godiva chocolates ? *sigh* They are such an aphrodisiac! Oh .. speaking of occasion, Chinese New Year is just about 2 weeks + away and I will be accosting it for the first time in years here in Penang. Yes yes, I know I must have said that a million times but I really am looking forward for it. Having Chinese New Year in cold and wet England during this festive season is really unbecoming.
Oh and I have figured out my attire for CNY. It's a silk cheongsam [mainly white] imported from Shanghai and it only cost me RM100.00 - bargain! Love it to bits ... was having such a difficulty in choosing amongst the variations of designs and colours. I love it so much till I nearly bought 2 of them. But neh, I finally decided on a simple white with bits of pink blossom on it. Kinda like the one with green lilies on it too. Hmmm ...... tempatations.
Next step - I just need to look for a pair of matching earrings, a clutch bag and heels. I'm planning on being really 'oriental' this year. Seem to be in the mood for it. Proceeded to Gurney Plaza yesterday after work with Pam, each with our own agenda on our list of 'things to look for'. She can't decide between 2 mobile phones and I can't seem to find a pair earrings with oriental designs. It's either too pink, too flamboyant or the designs doesn't seem right. Maybe I should head to the stalls along Batu Ferringhi. Pam is gonna be in a punjabi suit! Oh, have to see that one. Clueless as to what a punjabi suit is ? Go figure!
We had 'Sushi King' for dinner yesterday and the 'California Roll/Temaki' is superb! Anyone up for the Equitorial Hotel Japanese Buffet lunch ? I'm saving my cash for that. Planning on stuffing myself senseless.
Right - the New Year warrants 2 things which I essentially needs ... 1] 2006 Diary and 2] 2006 Calendar. I love the calendar I have of South of France but I can't use it anymore. Kinda like the 'Chat Noir' but can't seem to find it here. Arty shops are really scarce over here. Saw some on the internet ... hmmm. And they don't sell those easy-to-use Moleskin diary ... if only Blackwells have a branch over here, I would be over the moon!

0 comments: