3rd weekend of March
A few girls and I decided to head up to Genting, just to contribute to the gambling world. There were about 5 of us and we got transported by a luxury cab, so called. After a few minutes of relentless negotiation, the taxi driver agreed in a disgrunted manner to charge us RM100 instead of RM140. Oh by the way, is that expensive ? I'm not quite sure what the market rate is. So if anyone has got a clue, by all means, be my guest.
A few girls and I decided to head up to Genting, just to contribute to the gambling world. There were about 5 of us and we got transported by a luxury cab, so called. After a few minutes of relentless negotiation, the taxi driver agreed in a disgrunted manner to charge us RM100 instead of RM140. Oh by the way, is that expensive ? I'm not quite sure what the market rate is. So if anyone has got a clue, by all means, be my guest.
The journey was speedy and efficient. The air was cooling and it felt like satin on skin - very refreshing. Loved every minute of it, although I have to say that the air up there was a wholesome better before but that was a good 10 years ago. After a few rounds of walking in merry-go-round, YL and I decided to head the casino. I have to say, it was good to be back and hearing the jolly sound of the jackpot. Everything is the same as I remembered it, especially my favourite den albeit this included a series of new games. You may think that I was or am an avid gambler, but trust me when I say this - I am NOT but I do enjoy a few games which bears a whole load of risk. Adrenaline pumping.
YL started to play in a series of 'Tai Sai'. After a few good rounds, I got bored and said "I'll be over there". Finger pointing to the corner where a few games of Blackjack and Baccarat was taking its toll. Got some chips and started playing. Over a few rounds of games through the night, I realised a few things just before I fell asleep. It took me a whole lot longer to decide whether to bet on P or B and I have to be absolutely sure to the point of positive that what I bet on would win or at least possess a high chance of winning. And if I wasn't sure or gut instinct was clouded - I would skip a round. This, I did many times and it was such a long game. All in all, I sat at the Baccarat table for a straight few good hours. Perspiration started to well up when my capital was running low. Adrenalin started to flow in a rapid manner, could feel it all over me. Tension bulding up. Uh-oh . . .
"Right, Maddy. Keep it cool. Just try to breakeven" - This, I thought to myself.
Towards the end of the night or shall I say morning, I managed to breakeven. *phew* Was I glad beyond relief. It's a policy to gamble with the amount of capital of which you are willing to lose and walk away should a that loss materialised. However, I was being such an obstinate gusto and was near to adamant on achieving a breakeven. But I have to say, it was dangerous as judging by the way things were - I could have lost a whole lot more than I was willing to bargained for. But still . . .
Think it will be a long, long time till I step into a casino again.
0 comments:
Post a Comment