CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

February 18, 2007

Home at last, after a long journey.

The past 2 weeks at work had been utter madness. I and my team had to pull a 24 hour shift on Thursday night and worked way till Friday non-stop. All in the name of getting out the report by the deadline which is 1500 on Friday. Due to the fact that 'twas such a last minute instruction from the client, we had no choice but to work non-stop even way into the wee early hours in the morning and all the way into the afternoon hours.

Needless to say, it was very tiring to the point of extreme exhaustion.

We finally managed to get the report out albeit an hour late. I just hope I didn't make any fatal mistakes given the working circumstances. As if that wasn't bad enough, traffic on Friday evening was horrendous. I left at 1655 hours thinking that I would be home in no time as traffic should be smooth sailing, but how wrong was I. I got home abt 1830. O ..... I was near tears out of impatience and extreme exhaustion together with the mere fact that I have to travel back to Penang for obvious reasons. And due to that, I really needed to rest, get my act together and most of all, to pack! So I was looking forward to have a siesta when I got home, but only to find my 2 housemates watching loud TV again. *sigh* Sometimes I really feel like murdering those 2 for being so inconsiderate.

Journey - Bumper to bumper traffic from Sg Buloh to god-knows-where. Honest to god, I just couldn't believe it when I found out that the mere reason for causing such terrible traffic was simply because some Malay dudes decided to have a picnic by the highway. Mind you, there were about 5-6 cars parked along side the 'hard-shoulder' and many dudes sitting by, having a puff away and chatting as if the rest of the world does not exist. Many cars had to slow down before them as to avoid them. After that, traffic was smooth!

I slept all the way till my front gate. Sympathy to my friend who had to drive for 6 hours and given the circumstances, it must be exhausting. Thanks A, for the ride. Appreciate it.

By the way, Happy Chinese New Year to everyone.

note: For your record, we left at about 1200 and reached Penang at about 0600. Imagine that.

0 comments: