Update of A Mini Hiatus 0.2
Saturday 23rd Oct
Over the weekend, we went to check out the supposedly new swanking bar in town, named Skybar @ Traders Hotel. I was told that it has the same concept as Luna Bar and since I haven't been to Luna Bar before, I cannot do the comparisons. Hmm, might be an interesting point to say that it has a swimming pool, loads of comfy sofas and a top-notch view of KLCC, view impaired by the haze of course. However, the turn-out was a bit of a let-down. There aren't enough people to filled up half of the place.
Upon arriving, we were forewarned that the queue to get drinks were long and the service was rather crappy. So we went to find out.
There appear to be no queue actually, but rather just loads of people waiting scathingly all around the bar to place their orders. So we stood and waited to be served. Quizzically, none of the bartender seemed to be making any eye contact nor did they appear to be interested in taking orders at all. In fact, they seemed pretty stressed out making drinks for the earlier customer and there were only 1 or 2 bartender around.
So we tried in vain to get one of the bartender's attention. In walked another bartender and we managed to get his attention and placed our orders. Got our drinks in a speedy manner which was surprising. Then we waited for the waiter to present the bill to us. But the bill didn't arrive. We stood there looking at the bartender and giving him an expectant look .. but hey, no one seemed interested. My friend was waving his green note and still no one said anything. We tried to talk to them but they weren't listening. We decided to wait. Finally, we walked off. I figured it can be sorted out later. Besides, it's not my real problem if they aren't diligent in ensuring payments.
And walked off we did. Back to our table. After a considerable amount of time, as I was talking to my housemate, I heard someone saying to my back "Excuse me Ms, you forgot to settle the bill". I turned around and look at him with a surprised look. I was tempted to say something really sarcastic but decided against it. I mean it was a busy night, they were clearly understaff and it being Raya and all, I merely smiled and replied "Oh, we tried to pay but couldn't". Waiter boy said something and he lost me there cause that's the exact moment my eye caught the bill. It was RM52 for a gin and tonic and a Tiger beer. For Christ's sake! My hand was groping and groping for my purse. Damn those huge bags ..... it takes forever to find something. I know a place like SkyBar with their state of art interior, prices are sky high but I am definately not pleased with the level of service.
Still groping .... I was silently thinking BloodyCRAPservice! Not only did you ignored me earlier on and now you are embarressing me as well. You should have a BELL around your neck!
Suddenly, I saw a quick hand [thanks CL] slipping a green note to the waiter boy. Off he went. End of an uncomfortable moment. *phew*
We decided to leave after that one drink and headed to ....
Mambo @ Z O U K
Initially, the name 'mambo' had me confused thinking that it was a name of a venue. Turned out that it's the name of a theme night, usually on Friday night in Zouk, KL current hottest clubbing scene. 'Mambo' is a night where music in the 80's are played throughout the night. Yup, you yeard me right ... 80's. Stuff like Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper which is did kinda perked my mood.
Then you have the most classic song ever - Dancing Queen by Abba. No way am I gonna sway and swing my hips to that tune!
All in all, I had a great time and truly enjoyed it. Many thanks to the company I was with :-)
October 26, 2006
entered by maddy at 19:37
3 comments:
Hey Maddy! Firstly, glad to see you shared my pain and anguish at the recent Liverpool loss to Man Utd. Glad I was able to at least show you the right path with regards to football!
I have located a very very weak wireless internet signal near my apartment building. So hopefully this means I can get online more often now.
Japan is going great. I hope to move to Osaka before Christmas so I can enjoy more of the nightlife. My current city of Kyoto is stunning but I have seen all the culture of this city.
I really hope your new job and home are exactly what you wish for.
Take care of yourself.
Si
x
Well hello to the East!
Nice of you to drop by. Weak wireless internet connection in Jp sounds very odd. Have you got much stuff with you to render moving a bit difficult ?
oh si, send me some pics ? Please?
:) xx M
Post a Comment