Quiet Sunday
I am so sad to announce that the monsoon [wet season] is officially over and here comes the hot season. The feeling is hot and muggy for most of the time as the weather is so mercilessly hot. Argh, it's a good thing that I did not returned about this time of the year as the first 6 months of the year is usually and undesirably hot. Would have taken me the double dosage to acclimatised ... which I don't think I am even reaching full of that process.
Woke up at about 930 and headed out with deary mom to the temple. Upon our arrival, we got to witness 2 sequences of 'lion dance' consecutively. I have to say that I did enjoyed it as I haven't seen any of this sort of thing for a while and it was a refreshing change. Did manage to get a few snapshots . . . will be up soon.
I decided to take my mom to 'Passion of Kelina', an indian restaurant that serves delicious banana rice leaf at a very cheap price. It's located on Servis Road, just off Burmah Road. The world must be a small place as my mom met 3 of her colleagues at the restaurant. Not 1, but 3! I highly recommend the fried bittergroud, most delicious. It's not wonder Pam is kinda addicted to it. She recommended me this place too. I decided to try the fried fish - bawal, that was pretty normal and nothing to scream about.
I love shopping for cards and Chinese New Year Cards is definately not an exception. I just love beautiful illustrations of art and the mixtures of colours altogether. We sort of deviated to Sunshine Square, a departmental store not too far away from where I live .. and the traffic is no less than busy. It took me about 15 minutes or so to locate for a parking space. Everyone seems to head there for one purpose - CNY shopping. My ultimate intention of heading there was to purchase some 'plum blossom', a pinkish flower with small petals used for docorative purposes but we got sidetracked to buy food instead! Typical huh.
0 comments:
Post a Comment