CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 20, 2009

Vientiane, Episode II

P1000045

                    Glass noodle soup. *slurpppp*

P1000095

       YL and I, enjoying our … err …. 3rd glass of margarita.

P1000106

     Apsara dance during dinner at Kualao rest. Laotian food.

P1000142

Patuxai. It was made from the mortar which was originally meant to built the airport runway. It was built on the capital's main north-south avenue in the 1960s to celebrate the independence struggle.

P1000145

P1000150

P1000151

V-4 

Relaxing by the benches just outside The Spirit House.

P1000213

                  Surrounding area of Pha Tat Luang.

P1000216

Pha Tat Luang, the golden stupa which is the national symbol of Laos.

P1000240

                    Me, the ‘tuk tuk’ driver. I like this pic!

P1000247 

                One of the many, many French restaurants.

P1000250

                           Old French windows.

P1000254

The ‘That Dam’ is a large stupa. Many Laotians believe it is inhabited by a seven headed dragon who tried to protect them from the armies of Siam, who invaded in 1827. It is also known as the Black Stupa, the English translation of the Lao name, That Dam.

P1000261

                          YL & I.

0 comments: