CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 08, 2009

Literature OD

I think I read too many literature novels for the time being. Ergo, I stopped reading "The Night Watch" by Sarah Waters and dived in for a chick lit. Has anyone ever read anything by Adele Parks ? I'm reading her latest novel, "Tell Me Something x". Hmm, it's alright. The novel is written from a first person point of view and it doesn't contain much humour. It has an attractive book cover ... I think the author is a fan with *sex on legs*. Most of her other books have covers as such too. I like them too. *he he* Anyway, Amazon.com claims it as "Another sure hit". Hmm, not too sure about that. Anyway, I'm only on Chapter 9 at the moment. So, we'll see how it goes.

On a different note, I've been thinking about something i.e. when someone says something offensive to you, should one tell how she/he feels? Or should one just swallow with a faint hope that it won't occur again? Or should one argue and try to make the other person see one's point of view? Sometimes you wonder whether is it really worth it, all these troubles .. all these arguments ...

Should we treat the ones who doesn't earn nor has a proper job with disdain and less respect, because they do not conform to society level or somehow do not live up to familial expectations or simply because they choose to? Does it mean that they have no social purpose and are render useless ? Or is one life a different life altogether ? Are people entitled to their choices in life, no matter how negative it sounds and should not be judge? I really don't know sometimes. I think I have been reading to many novels on Living Social.

Just something to think about.

0 comments: