CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 25, 2009

Busy! Busy! Busy!

Chinese New Year ("CNY") (the year of Ox) is upon us soon, which also means that I am back in hometown, Penang to be with my family. And of course, to see old friends too. I just hope I am able to squeeze in some time for that. Anyway, I've been a busy little bee since I got in. No no, not with social but with cleaning. All I did yesterday was to mop, wipe, vacuum & wash. Started from 2pm and finished at about 6pm. My hands are kinda tired. At least today, it won't be so busy. Just have to wash the porch area. I'm glad the latterns are up which means I don't have to do it! Haha!

I am in charge of the decorations, again. Gotten some new decorative stuff to hang from Living Quarters in KL. Then have to look presentable for tonight's reunion dinner, which will be held in my house. It's a small one. Ever since my grandparents have passed on, my youngest uncle (which I am very close to and fond of) will be joining us. My other uncles are too busy with their own family. But I guess I will see them on first day of CNY. Now that I'm an old fart, CNY is not really my favourite anymore. It used to be a lof of fun when I was a little kid and each CNY at Logan Road (my paternal grandparents' residence then) had a huge playground. I and my other 8 cousins would just play and run around, laughing like mad children. From catching to fireworks, singing and god knows what else, it used to be a lot of fun. Ahhhh the good ol' days. Sure does brings back good memories. CNY at my maternal grandparent' house was a lot of fun too. It was located at a hillside. I remember there was this huge, huge bougainvillea plant with its enormous trunk and it would bloom very vigorously every CNY, without fail. It looked so pretty as the petals were cherry red and bright pink in colour. I have a picture taken with it before. Wonder if I can find it again.

0 comments: