This life is getting to me. Or rather more accurately, this neighbourhood is starting to get to me. I live in a row of terrace houses, all streamlined, neatly into opposite row, facing one another. It's actually a nice area, with wispy tree branches flowing gently to the street giving it an urban chic look.
However, all is not well. I've been having great difficulty in getting some sleep nowadays. Directly across my house, lives an Indian family, or at least I think it's a family. I love Indians, don't get me wrong. I think they have wonderful culture values, particularly in the culinary department. But, their particular loud-TV-noises-of-Indian-movies-think-everyone-will-love-it volume is starting to drive me nuts. You know how it is with Indian movies, yes they sing badly! And it also doesn't help at all that I occupy the front room which faces the front of the house. This usually delves deep into the night. Yes, at times up till 2 or 3 am and when all is quiet and the sound becomes pain-in-the-arse darn clear. In fact, I think I can even learn to enjoy the story, if I was to understand the Indian language. It's that clear and loud.
On my right immediate neighbour, lives a Malay family. They're alright, decent except for occasional hormonal screaming. Some people just talk loudly, having no idea at all that their conversation is being blared to the selective hearing of those around them. That, I can live with. Until recently. It seems that the Malay family (sorry I don't really know their names) have purchased a new, swanking modern washing machine. Seems to be attached right to the wall facing my house. And it vibrates gargantuan-ly. Is there such a word? I don't care. I mean it, it's DARN LOUD! It goes BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG GONG BONG BONG BONG GONG GONG BONG GONG BONG WOOOOOOOO GOOOONG BONG BONG TONG TONG every time it does a wash. It's all hunky-dory when Ms Dame-Wash-A-Lot washes only once or twice a day. But noooooo! The new swanking washing machine seems to be in load all the time, from 9am and even 3am! I thought it was only me, having despised outrages noises but my family commented on the same thing. So it's not just me. She does indeed wash a helluva lot! and at inconvenient times at that.
And as a result, I don't get a good night sleep anymore. And it's starting to take a toll on my skin and lifestyle.
And yes, I am complaining. Doesn't help much as I'm in a foul mood these days.
0 comments:
Post a Comment