REALITY BITESI am so very sad. About a few months earlier, a dear old friend of mine, David was diagnosed with liver cancer. He undergone an operation and they took out 14 cm of his liver. It was advised for him to consume loads of vegetable and fruits as to increase his immune system and to encourage the growth of his liver. That would take roughly about 3 months. But sadly, David did not have that chance. About a few weeks after the operation, he was hospitalised again and this time, the doctor said the cancer cell is spreading, rapidly and deadly. The doctors at Sunway Hospital concluded that he has about 3 weeks to live. Seeking second opinion, his family moved him to Selayang Hospital and the doctors there told the family that it was best for them "to accept the fact". The doctors could not do much and David was relying on painkillera to ease his pain away.
Pam and I were gonna go down to KL to visit him this coming Saturday but it's too late. David at age 28, passed away peacefully this morning at about 7:25.
David had been such a dear confidant while I lived in KL for 2 years. He has been a great friend, always ready to lend a helping hand and always so honest without ever expecting anything back in return. Full of laughter, extremely likeable with a great sense of humour and selfless, also not to mention one hell of a party guy, he is one of the few people that I know which a nicest friend one could possibly have. One can only imagine the depth of pain he must have went through and for that, is the only consolation I have, that he's no longer suffering his pain and torment silently. I will remember him always and I hope he will be in a better place.
It will not be the same without him for losing a friend like David, is such a big loss.
It scares me just thinking how fragile life can be. And even the most modern medical technology can't help to save a life. It really is so unfair.
Pam and I will be attending his funeral this Thursday.
[pic] David Thong in his younger days.
Pam and I will be attending his funeral this Thursday.
[pic] David Thong in his younger days.
2 comments:
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this sad news Maddy. It's an awful feeling to lose someone close to you.
Bad things always seems to happen to good people for some reason.
As you said, hopefully he's gone to a better place.
If you need anyone to chat to, you know where I am, as always.
Si
hey Si, thank you for your kind words. Means a lot.
Post a Comment